Here is a selection of Q&As from Your East Midlands Wedding magazine whether it be about flowers, hair and makeup, fashion, wedding themes, health & beauty, cakes, stationery, legal advice. If you would like your question answered by our experts, please email it to email@example.com
To view more expert advice on a different topic, please select one from the list below.
Q. We're planning our special day and want some fashion advice for my dress and my bridesmaids' attire. What advice can you share with us?
A. Claire Ridley says: With wedding season officially back on, here's my go-to guide for dressing your best girls, just be careful not to upstage the bride:
- Carrie Bradshaw eat your heart out! I'm a big Sex and the City fan and the television series returning to our screens this summer has inspired many dress designs. Think frothy tulle skirts and you get the idea – perfect for a chic-city wedding. Simply add a pair of Manolos!
- Grown-up pastels are the shades of the season with sage-green and soft-mauve dresses being a fashionable choice.
- Muted metallics are also hot hues to be seen in, from champagne and rose gold to silver-grey.
- Dress your flowergirls in cute candy shades with contrasting pastel posies to finish.
- Consider ombre bridesmaids' dresses if your theme includes lots of colours. They are super-stylish and will help tie everything together.
- After a year of lockdown, gowns are more glamorous than ever, with full-length styles featuring statement voluminous skirts.
- Statement sleeves are the fashion buzzword of the season and help to keep everyone feeling snug, especially if you intend on roasting marshmallows around a firepit. Pick a jacket or bolero with fluted or ruched sleeves.
Claire Ridley,County Wedding Magazines
When it's time for you look for local businesses to help you with your wedding, take a look at our advertisements below. Most will have links to their own websites. These advertisements are updated regularly so please revisit often and mention Your East Midlands Wedding when making any enquiries.